Since I unsubscribed from OwlCrate I have seriously missed getting special packages in the mail filled with wonderful bookish surprises. When Novelly Yours, my favorite bookish candle shop, announced an entire box inspired by my favorite YA author’s work, you know I absolutely could not resist. I waited almost an entire month for this gem to arrive and she did not disappoint!
Mapped by Maggie was the exclusive candle box for March at Novelly Yours, so you won’t be able to buy any of these items (there were still boxes available at the time of writing!), HOWEVER shop owner Brittany has wonderful wonderful Raven Cycle inspired products in her shop that I absolutely cannot stop raving about. The layered candle, Blue and Her Boys, is wonderful and perfect and beautiful. The Raven Cycle collection set, including Manibus, Cabeswater, Gansey, and Henrietta is exquisite. I have all of these items and I vouch 100% for their quality. Manibus is a personal favorite of mine, but Cabeswater is also a top contender. (Pssst — I hear tell of a April sale involving these candles as well as a St. Mark’s Day sale so keep your eyes trained on the site and instagram!)
On to the box! Novelly Yours does a box every month, each with a different theme, and each with exclusive items that you won’t be able to get anywhere else. Check the site for more info on ordering!
I didn’t take a photograph of the actual box, which is ridiculous because the box itself was so lovely. It was printed with a dreamy mountain/forest fade background and the box title. It was the highest quality box I’ve ever seen no lie! I hated to throw it away, but I’m purging my room lately so it had to go.
The box was outfitted with the following items!
- 1 9oz candle: THE BARNS from the Raven Cycle (damp earth + greenery + plums)
- 2 4oz candles: MERCY FALLS from the Shiver Series (pine + oak + leaves + outdoors) and FATHOM AND SONS from The Scorpio Races (butter + antiques + wool sweaters)
- 2 2oz candles: BICHO RARO from All the Crooked Saints (juniper + manzanita + desert) and AGLIONBY ACADEMY from the Raven Cycle (coffee + classrooms + uniforms)
- 2 prints: quote from the Raven Cycle and quote from The Scorpio Races
- 4 bookmarks: quote from Shiver, from All the Crooked Saints, from The Raven King, from The Scorpio Races
- 1 pin: Squash One, Squash Two courtesy of Ronan F*cking Lynch (because it was not allowed to be anything else!!)
- 1 magnet: quote from The Scorpio Races
- I sticker: EXCELSIOR from Richard Campbell Gansey III
I am so so pleased with this box. As you can tell from the Barns candle, I have already burned that one a lot. It’s my favorite of the set, though I haven’t burned any of the others yet! We weren’t given any hints about what was in the box, so it was a complete surprise, but I wished so so hard for the large candle to be the Barns that I guess I made it come true! Maybe I’m a Graywaren and dreamed it to life….
I’ll try to lay off Maggie Stiefvater a while, because I’m sure you’re so tired of hearing me talk about her books (here for The Raven Cycle and here for All the Crooked Saints) but no promises because these amazing prints are making me want to revisit Thisby in The Scorpio Races and Mercy Falls in the Shiver trilogy so….